I'm setting up a template with the Standard text set to 1/8" height at 0.80 width. Is there anyway besides editing every block to get the default PIP blocks to come in with text that size?
If you manually open the 'Project Symbol Style' drawing for your project, you can use the STYLE command on the command line to bring up the Text Style editor. The default annotations use the 'Standard' style and this can be modified in the project symbol style drawing where all of the project symbols and styles are stored.
1. Manually open projSymbolStyle.dwg (which is located in the project folder) using File -> Open
2. Type in STYLE on the command line
3. Modify the 'Standard' style as needed (as you can see below, the text height is set to '0.000' which will use the last text height or the one stored in the template. Enter a value here to override and use your own.
4. Save projSymbolStyle.dwg and close
5. Save and close out of any open project drawings and re-open
6. If the changes are not shown, use SYNCHSTYLES command to force a refresh of the styles.
The style in your P&ID template drawing may be overriding the style for the symbol. Please try this:
1. Open projSymbolStyle.dwg from your project folder
2. Type in STYLE on the command line
3. Create a new style with the desired font and text height
4. Save and close projSymbolStyle.dwg
5. Open Project Setup
6. Edit the annotation symbol block and in the properties for the attribute definition set the style to match the new one you've created
7. Save the block
8. Click OK to save changes and return to the project
When you place a new annotation it should be using your new style. If any existing annotations do not automatically update, type in SYNCHSTYLES on the command line to force a refresh of the styles (you should only have to do this once per drawing) or you can set SYNCHSTYLESMODE to 1 and it will automatically refresh the styles each time you open a drawing.
That worked for one block. None of the other existing annotations changed. Is there something that will change all text width in projSymbolStyle drawing without touching each individual block with text? I'm using the out of box PIP palettes as my base.
Should this have worked, should I reinstall the program? Thanks
I am running into the same issue as Debbie: I have modified my font syle in both ProjSymbolStyle and the template, but I still have to edit each block to make the change take effect.
The odd part about it is that when I first open the block the text is still full width, even though the style is set correctly, it only brings in the correct settings if i switch it to a alternate style and then switch it back to Standard.
It seems the best work around at this point is just to make a customized template for your P&ID projects. Go and edit the Tags and Instrument Symbols that have text and change the widths for them there. I have been able to go in and change the type of font globally through editing the projSymbolStyle.dwg for the project. Go into STYLE and change the font name to what desired font you want. So, you would change the Standard style to Arial for example. I have also noticed that some symbols do not just use Standard style but also use SIMPLEX style. Make sure you change the Font Name for the SIMPLEX as well. You might not see SIMPLEX Style when you first open projSymbolStyle.dwg. If you do not see it go ahead and create a new SIMPLEX.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.
Upgrading to a 2015 product? Make sure to check these out 1st!