AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
Tee.Dee
Message 1 of 3 (354 Views)

Annotation Style problem

354 Views, 2 Replies
10-29-2012 10:14 PM

Hi,

I have created an annotation style for a control valve which works fine but I am trying to add the same annotation style to some other symbols and it gives me an error saying "Style xxx already exists in drawing!"

There are plenty of other symbols using the same annotation style as one another so what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
dave.wolfe
Message 2 of 3 (342 Views)

Re: Annotation Style problem

10-30-2012 03:49 AM in reply to: Tee.Dee

You'll have to define it at a higher level in the class tree.  Annotations, like most properties, are inherited from parent classes.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside

A P3D Authorized Reseller
Plant 3d Wish list: https://plant3d.uservoice.com/
Distinguished Contributor
Tee.Dee
Message 3 of 3 (334 Views)

Re: Annotation Style problem

10-30-2012 03:25 PM in reply to: Tee.Dee

Thanks Dave, that fixed it but now I have another problem.

The particular annotation style I have created is required to be used on every piece of equipment or instrument that has any I/O on it.  So at the moment if I annotate a control valve the Object Type and Loop Number are displayed but if I annotate say a motor, only the Type will display.

Is there a way to have the 'Loop Number' (for say a control valve) and the 'Number' (for say a motor) in the same attribute?

The way I have gotten around it at the moment is to have an attribute called #(TARGETOBJECT.LOOPNUMBER) and another attribute called #(TARGETOBJECT.NUMBER) on top of each other but this is not ideal as the attribute not being used still displayes the dot (.)

Thanks!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.