AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

AutoCAD P&ID General Discussion

kenneth.tornqvist
Message 1 of 5 (461 Views)

3-Way valve with 'port' text

461 Views, 4 Replies
01-03-2013 11:16 PM

Hi

I'm making a 3-way valve where I need to set attributes for the 3 connections. The attributes insertion point need to roatate with the valve while insting it, but the text shall always be horizontal. How can I do this in PID? I get the attributes to come placed right but the text is rotated also, if I explode the PID object it comes as it should be. Seems like the PID is somehow 'destroing' the block. In a normal ACAD block it is easy to set that the text shall always be 0 deg. rotated, but PID is not using this feature.

Thanks for an explanation of this.

Kenneth

DinantWeenk
Message 2 of 5 (426 Views)

Re: 3-Way valve with 'port' text

01-06-2013 11:53 PM in reply to: kenneth.tornqvist

are you using the Block attributes or the Annotations from P&ID?

kenneth.tornqvist
Message 3 of 5 (422 Views)

01-07-2013 12:17 AM in reply to: DinantWeenk

Hi

Using block attributes. We are setting those values in the Properities dialog for the component.

Can this be done in a different way?

We just need the user to set the correct value for the different connections, as that can be different from case to case. And of course those values shall come in the correct location automatically, the valve can be rotated, normally, in 4 diffent ways.

-Kenneth

DinantWeenk
Message 4 of 5 (409 Views)

01-07-2013 05:36 AM in reply to: kenneth.tornqvist

Hi,

There is one other way called annotations.

If you look to the symbols in a standard project you see that the valves automatically get a TAG number.

This number is an annotation.

In the same way you could create a annotation for the port connections. In your variety of placing the valves you may need to place them manualy (right mouse click -> annotate)

The annotations you have created will be visual (but only the ones belonging to this symbol)

In this annotation you can select properties in the same way you can use them for your TAG numbering.

To make things a bit easyer create a copy of an existing with the opiton Add Annotation.

The system makes a copy of the existing annotation block so you only have to give it a name.

After that you can select edit block to make the needed changes.

See attachment for some screen shots.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Dinant

Product Support
gersteb
Message 5 of 5 (390 Views)

01-08-2013 06:08 AM in reply to: kenneth.tornqvist

Hi Kenneth,

One more explanation for the setting of the annotation which is explained by Dinant: Select your annotation style in the annotation combo box and click on 'Edit annotation...'. Here you can set the orientation to 'Force horizontal' to get always a horizontal annotation. See attached snapshot.

Regards

Bernd

Bernd Gerstenberger
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.