Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spaces in ABS more in Depth

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
NaderB
226 Views, 1 Reply

Spaces in ABS more in Depth

I have been thinking about ABS capability to have a cooling and heating loads imbedded tool instead of using a third party as it is right now which I think most of the users are not happy about it

For instance, how can I assign R values for windows, glass and walls based on ASHRAE to windows, walls material properties in the material definitions

Also, if I specify the space name under space styles and under design rules which is listed under list definitions and if I go to Materials I can Specify the Material Definition but actually I do not see a relation between the List Definition and the Material Definition

The same thing when I go to classification tab under space style, the classification there does not add any value because when I check the classification definition I find it is just naming and does not have any air requirements as per ASHRAE

So, I can see that ABS has the basics that autodesk can build that third party tool over the existing bases

I wish that will happen in the future
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: NaderB

I concur.
I wish that when the architect selects his wall, windows, roof or
floor, that information is carried to ABS. Similarly, why I have to
select a plumbing fixture or lighting fixture if these were already
selected by the architect. It beats me why the architectural fixtures
are at best mv blocks and ours are mv parts. Why the architects cannot
use mv parts? In addition, ABS shall be able to read fixtures data
from x-ref, as well as connecting them. Same goes to readibility of
the building components in x-ref by ABS. My task shall be connecting
architect selected fixtures with wire, pipe, etc. In other words, I
wish that the ABS is a real extension of ADT, not a mere addition,
isolated from ADT by incompatibility.
sp

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 19:41:27 +0000, Nader <> wrote:

>I have been thinking about ABS capability to have a cooling and heating loads imbedded tool instead of using a third party as it is right now which I think most of the users are not happy about it
>
>For instance, how can I assign R values for windows, glass and walls based on ASHRAE to windows, walls material properties in the material definitions
>
>Also, if I specify the space name under space styles and under design rules which is listed under list definitions and if I go to Materials I can Specify the Material Definition but actually I do not see a relation between the List Definition and the Material Definition
>
>The same thing when I go to classification tab under space style, the classification there does not add any value because when I check the classification definition I find it is just naming and does not have any air requirements as per ASHRAE
>
>So, I can see that ABS has the basics that autodesk can build that third party tool over the existing bases
>
>I wish that will happen in the future

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report