AutoCAD MEP Wishes

AutoCAD MEP Wishes

Contributor
kenzco
Message 11 of 12 (1,444 Views)

Re: So wheres AutoCAD Fire Protection?

10-14-2009 08:52 AM in reply to: lygernight
I definitely agree that MEP is missing some basic MVPart & AEC Objects that pertain to Fire Protection.
Namely the availability of Reducing threaded Tee's & Elbows. Personally I would rather use a program dedicated
to calculations such as HASS, due to it's flexibility. However the ability to draw accurate models seem to me the most important. Also the ability to display accurate takeout lengths & pipe sizes with the ability to edit the display characteristic of the text.... That way I don't have to spend weeks redrawing over my designed 3D model. Will AutoCAD come out with the above mentioned? I Think these are basic and would be useful to any trade...

Thanks!
la.regulator
Message 12 of 12 (1,288 Views)

Re: So wheres AutoCAD Fire Protection?

09-23-2012 11:27 PM in reply to: lygernight

I am also in BIM, my plan when I graduate at IADT is to design Fire Sprinkler systems, and Autodesk has no such software; why?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.