Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the fly circuit editing

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Mark_Richards
335 Views, 0 Replies

On the fly circuit editing

One of the last big obstacles to a smooth work flow (for me anyway) is naming the circuits in circuit manager. The way I do it now is:

1.- Drop the circuits / breakers in circuit manager that I think I will
need.

2. - Circuit my drawing (generally not in the same drawing the panels are drawn in, so circuit editing is locked) bouncing back to CM when I need to add or change a circuits electrical rating (I gave up on renaming at this point). Every time a change is made, go through the "update project database" routine to get back to the active drawing.

3. - When done, plot a check plot, then with a highlighter (yes, a highlighter) go through the drawings page by page and cross off each circuit while I update the name in CM. The project I just finished (small by some standards) is 8 pages of power and lighting plans, that's a lot of highlighting.

If anyone knows an easier way, let me know please.

It would be nice that, as you assigned a circuit to some devices, you could click on a field in the wire's property sheet (where you choose the circuit in the first place) and type in a circuit name. All done, next circuit, move forward.

I must say that circuit manager has been vastly improved in the last release, for that I am grateful, but it can't hurt to as for more eh?
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report