1695 Views, 18 Replies
02-08-2007 12:15 PM
i like to see more real world application, & real industry oriented MV Parts
included with ABS out of the box releases. The problem we are facing is,
even when we start asking questions from national manufacturer about
autodesk MV Parts they look at us like we are making up these stuffs. I
think, autodesk needs to show more effort in order to get more industries
excited & involved in creating & generating MV Parts, after all this was
one of the selling points for ABS that you can have real 3D smart objects.

Thanks
Matt
Contributor
Rhino48
Message 2 of 19 (1,695 Views)

Re: MV Parts

03-28-2007 12:35 PM in reply to: *Matt
This needs to be repeated, and bumped to the top of the list every chance possible.
This product has about 7000 items that are never used in HVAC systems around here, and is missing about 45% of the items that are.
Please stop wasting time upgrading the interface and marketing scheme, and give us more actual functionality.
Distinguished Contributor
tobysmith
Message 3 of 19 (1,695 Views)

03-30-2007 05:03 AM in reply to: *Matt
Thank you for your comments, we are always trying to add more content that is beneficial to our users. You mention that we are missing 45% of the items used in HVAC systems in your area. Would you care to elaborate on what parts you need? I work on the AutoCAD MEP product and we are always looking for input regarding the catalog parts.

Everyone - Please feel free to post your requests in this discussion group, or email me directly: toby.smith@autodesk.com.

Thanks,

Toby Smith, PE LEED AP
Product Designer / MEP Content Specifier
AEC Solutions
Contributor
Rhino48
Message 4 of 19 (1,695 Views)

03-30-2007 06:17 AM in reply to: *Matt
1. Examples from this week: Shutoff VAV Boxes in this part of the country are most often (99%+) scheduled with box mounted reheat coils. There is not one reheat coil in that group the "VAV Reheaat Coils" group that is the same size as the box outlet. And my parametric part wizard makes some sort of escher-esque box that is not at all usable.
2. No flexible connectors for piping systems.
3. Wall mount flush valve Water closets show the water connection in the back above the waste outlet.
Contributor
Rhino48
Message 5 of 19 (1,695 Views)

04-02-2007 02:56 PM in reply to: *Matt
"Bevel Connectors" that are used around here are usually 45 degree, the ones in the ABS catalog look to be something else. I believe ASHRAE indicates that these should be 45 degrees, and usually 1/4 the width of the branch?

We also use a lot of "High Efficiency Takeoffs" that are a 45 degree "bevel" connector, directly to a round duct, usually with a damper.
*Matt
Message 6 of 19 (1,695 Views)

04-06-2007 01:25 PM in reply to: *Matt
Electrical water heaters, Low-Boy, Tall, Commercials....

"Matt" wrote in message
news:5480165@discussion.autodesk.com...
i like to see more real world application, & real industry oriented MV Parts
included with ABS out of the box releases. The problem we are facing is,
even when we start asking questions from national manufacturer about
autodesk MV Parts they look at us like we are making up these stuffs. I
think, autodesk needs to show more effort in order to get more industries
excited & involved in creating & generating MV Parts, after all this was
one of the selling points for ABS that you can have real 3D smart objects.

Thanks
Matt
Contributor
Rhino48
Message 7 of 19 (1,695 Views)

04-13-2007 06:17 AM in reply to: *Matt
Round cone diffusers. You have 2 choices of round neck, round louvered face diffusers , 5 inch neck and 6 inch neck. And an option for square neck, which our usual catalogs don't even show as something that exists IN ANY SIZE. IN 16 years, i've never seen one of those.

Why nothing like the Price RID, or RCD? SOMEONE Please pipe in and say "we never use those" or something to make me feel better about why they wouldn't be a STANDARD item in this software?

How about a parametric sidewall grille, with opposed blade damper? Why limit the sizing? The manufacturer's generally don't with the exception of sizing, etc.

You have one item under register. A 6x4 FLOOR REGISTER. Around here, a register is any grille that has deflectable blades. And we get one choice of size of floor register?

No parametric louvers. Of all the things that ALWAYS change in size from job to job.

How about an on the fly bill of material generator too, that gives you sheet metal poundage?

I haven't even TRIED doing plumbing yet.
Contributor
kchenault
Message 8 of 19 (1,695 Views)

05-25-2007 07:03 AM in reply to: *Matt
I would like to see if possible more process piping in the program. I would love to see the program actually slope pipe and then put the proper 88 or 92 degree elbow for a true vertical down in a piping system. A lot of pipe in Mechanical design has to have slope for certain applications. It would be great to get that functionality.
jscerbo
Message 9 of 19 (1,695 Views)

10-14-2008 08:58 AM in reply to: *Matt
Hi,

I don't know if this thread is still viewed, but I agree with the lack of typical products being available to insert into my 3D models. I am doing coordination drawings and I am having to make some of my parts, which I am not getting paid to do. I just got done looking for a round cone diffuser with a 20" dia. neck. You know, 'K-mart' type. Anyway, I only found the same 5" & 6" dia diffusers available. The ones I am trying to use are Titus TMRA. I hope I don't have to go to the boss and say you need to spend more money if you want me to do my job properly. Who came up with the 2 small diffusers as being representattive of round cone diffusers. Why isn't anything larger, or even parametrically available?

Thanks, Joe
cmguerra
Message 10 of 19 (1,695 Views)

03-05-2010 11:02 AM in reply to: *Matt
I find that there is a general lack of avaible air terminal sizes. Rather than preset sizes we shoukd be able to enter connection size and face size and have the program generate a parametric version to scale. It's frustrating when 4 times of of 5 the program doesn't have a return grille of the size I want.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!