Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More MVPart Content!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
388 Views, 12 Replies

More MVPart Content!

My biggest single wish would be more MVPart content from actual manufacturers!!!! I know AutoDESK can't necessarily do anything about it directly, but I wanted to make sure to voice the need. Get at companies like Trane, Carnes, Waterfurnace, etc to get their equipment released as MVParts!
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I second that. And AutoCAD could narrow down the list of targeted manufacturers by asking the question: What MEP Equipment Manufacturers make a product that must be dimensionally correct? Does the equipment go into a potentially crowded equipment room where every inch counts (Boilers, Expansion Tanks, Pumps, Chillers). Does the equipment go into a ceiling space where heights and access panel clearances are critical (VAV, Fan Powered Boxes, CRAC Units). Does the equipment go on the roof where roof curbs, roof openings, service panel clearances, etc are critical (Rooftop Units, Make-Up Air Units, Exhaust Fans). You could make it easier on the manufacturer to create the parts by setting standards and guidelines for part creation. And Please Please Fix that Layer Key issue so that MvParts can Nest or Map to More than one Key! Suggested Minimum Guidelines (As Applicable): 1) Accurate Critical Geometry: a) Footprint, Heights, Opening Sizes & Locations, Connection Sizes & Locations b) Connections: Electrical, Condensate, Horizontal & Vertical Duct, Flue, CHWS/CHWR, etc c) Center of Gravity (Origin Point ???) d) Roofcurb Heights/ Dimensions/Accessories(Plenum Adapters, Spring Isolators) e) Equipment Base Heights/Dimensions f) Electrical/Plumbing Knockout Connection Locations 2) Approximate Non-Critical Geometry: a) Screw on Screw Chiller, Condenser Fans, Piping, etc 3) Include all Accessories on Separate Layer Keys: a) Roof Curbs, Equipment Base, Dampers, Economizers, Rain Hoods, Condenser Fans, Panels b) Opening/Connection Geometry, Points 4) Include all Critical Clearances on Separate Keys: a) Service Clearances 5) Add Critical Equipment Properties For Labeling & Scheduling: a) Capacities: Air & Water (CFM, GPM, FPM), b) Loads: Cooling/Heating Input/Output BTU's, Watts c) Electrical: Voltage (Coil, Control, Motors, Fans), FLA/MCA, Motor HP, RPM, etc c) All Connection Sizes: Gas, Electric, Condensate, Flue, Duct, Piping d) Make & Basic Model # or Part Family/Series e) Weight, Length, Critical Geometry 6) The MvPart Name is Tied to a Layer Key and can be changed, but as a standard Name the Part Make-Model # or similar. 7) I recommend the manufacturer clearly identify the part, part # and all accessories, what part # variations do/do not pertain to that MvPart. 8) The Manufacturer may/may not want to create generic part equipment schedules to go with the part or part family, but could be a bonus. Am I forgetting anything? Make it easy for Manufacturers to find and understand the standard and steps taken to create & publish their MvParts. Then make it easy for users to learn the steps taken to download the MvPart, integrate it into their catalog, then modify their layer keys as necessary. (Most of which exists in some location or another). Hey discussion group....add to or tear apart the guidelines...let's make it better/easier! JPB "John Bixler" wrote in message news:4033e526_3@newsprd01... > My biggest single wish would be more MVPart content from actual > manufacturers!!!! > > I know AutoDESK can't necessarily do anything about it directly, but I > wanted to make sure to voice the need. Get at companies like Trane, Carnes, > Waterfurnace, etc to get their equipment released as MVParts! > >
Message 3 of 13
w.neuok

There are some 3rd party companies that have MV-Parts for manufacturers like Carrier and Kohler. Here is a website that might help http://www.marinsoft.com/manufacturers/manufacturers.htm
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Yeah, I already have those...and they are awesome. In fact, they just make me want more MVPart content even more! Imagine if there were 20 manufacturers instead of 2.....or 200...or 2000!
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

I see now that Marinsoft does add Equipment properties to the MvParts, and since they are the content source, they make/are the standards. That's great...now we just need more manufacturers. "W.Neuok" wrote in message news:8450989.1077644894444.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > There are some 3rd party companies that have MV-Parts for manufacturers like Carrier and Kohler. Here is a website that might help http://www.marinsoft.com/manufacturers/manufacturers.htm
Message 6 of 13
cwaniewski

Hi,
You have a valid wish, and I would like to add a bit more to that list such as being able to modify or create a custom pump such as S8 (great feature) REMOVED. Is it possible that this feature will ever come back into any equipment selection? I will pay a dollar for that.
thanks
carl
Message 7 of 13
cwaniewski

Hi,
I agree but better yet autodesk should put custom equipment builder back into the system. It seems the best part of building systems was custom equipment builder with geometric shapes. thanks
Message 8 of 13
rb
Enthusiast

Bell and Gossett Pumps have put their pumps in a 3D format at the following website

www. cadregister.com
Message 9 of 13
AddisCAD

For some reason ABS is crushing on me when I try to I-Drop the mechanical equipment from the site you provided. Any idea how i can solve the problem?
Thanks

http://www.marinsoft.net/partdrop/html/mrinpartdropcatalog.htm?catID=carrier&custom=false Message was edited by: Seweyew
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

I don't know if the manufacturers are catching on yet, but it looks like a private group is taking charge. Check out GeniuSoft at http://geniusoftllc.com for MVparts from many different manufacturers.
Message 11 of 13
npatterson8267

My wish is that Autodesk would put out MV parts which are specifically relevant to wastewater treatment plants. i.e. pumps, mixers, clarifier components, headworks components, etc, etc,
Message 12 of 13
rdswords

I'm with you on that! I'm with a water/wastewater engineering firm, and we are struggling to effectively move into the 3D/BIM design realm because there just isn't any software that fully supports what we do.
Message 13 of 13
tobysmith

A content extension for AutoCAD MEP 2008 was posted earlier this year on the Subscription site. The extension included parts specifically for the water/wastewater industry.

A couple of links with more info:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5838751
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5825247

If you have specific requests, please forward them directly to me: toby.smith@autodesk.com

Thanks,

Toby Smith, PE, LEED AP
AutoCAD MEP Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report