AutoCAD MEP Wishes

Distinguished Contributor
andrew.warren
Message 1 of 2 (1,621 Views)

Measure Pipe Run

1621 Views, 1 Replies
06-28-2011 05:55 AM

Why is their not a tool when you select a pipe run to get the information about it. I understand many have branches and such but maybe multiple answer tool (ie Maximum Run length from beginning to the end of the furthest run, then total length of pipe and fittings [with a sub of total length of pipe without connectors]. I know you can do a schedule to do this, but I don't even do pipe schedules (should but that is a work problem not software). I just need to know the max length and total length for estimates for ordering pipe and working with the contractors.

Come on Autodesk, I know you guys can do this... :smileywink:

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Employee
martin.schmid
Message 2 of 2 (1,599 Views)

Re: Measure Pipe Run

08-05-2011 05:49 AM in reply to: andrew.warren

Have you tried the tool on this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-MEP/Overall-conduit-length-end-to-end-including-fittings/td-p/...

Martin Schmid, P.E.
Product Manager - Revit MEP
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!