Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Filter Purge for ABS 2005

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
277 Views, 3 Replies

Layer Filter Purge for ABS 2005

We often run in to old ABS 2000 drawings that have more than 1000 layer filters listed in the Layer Manager window. This causes a delay of 20 seconds for the layer drop down list to appear and a delay of 2 minutes for the Layer Manager dialog box to appear. When we select all of the layer filters and select delete (in the Layer Manager window), the procedure locks up the computer for 5 minutes. When the computer comes back, the layer filters are deleted and the layer tools work fine.

My wish: We need a purge command for the layer filters. Something that can handle this situation a little better.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Give this code a shot. -- R. Robert Bell "ctindall" wrote in message news:9632814.1083963792901.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... We often run in to old ABS 2000 drawings that have more than 1000 layer filters listed in the Layer Manager window. This causes a delay of 20 seconds for the layer drop down list to appear and a delay of 2 minutes for the Layer Manager dialog box to appear. When we select all of the layer filters and select delete (in the Layer Manager window), the procedure locks up the computer for 5 minutes. When the computer comes back, the layer filters are deleted and the layer tools work fine. My wish: We need a purge command for the layer filters. Something that can handle this situation a little better.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

That code worked perfectly. Dropped the time it took to delete the layer filters from 5 minutes to about 3 seconds. Thank you so much for the help!!

Chris
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Glad I could help. -- R. Robert Bell "ctindall" wrote in message news:21899053.1084399721591.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... That code worked perfectly. Dropped the time it took to delete the layer filters from 5 minutes to about 3 seconds. Thank you so much for the help!! Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report