AutoCAD MEP Wishes

Freakzilla
Message 11 of 13 (73 Views)

Re:

08-16-2006 03:18 PM in reply to: DR.WICK
Is there a way to count devices throughout a set of drawings? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't have ABS (yet) I'm just curious about it's capabilities.

I usually put one level/floor of a building on it's own drawing so I guess I would just need a way to add up the totals from the method you described.

I'm not as lazy as I sound, It would just be nice to have a total count automated and not have to wonder if I missed a device or my addition was correct.

Will the quantities update on the tables after revisions or must you go through the whole schedule table creation process again? I assume you would, just wishfully thinking.
*Gregory A. Hoyt
Message 12 of 13 (73 Views)

Re: Re:

08-16-2006 06:57 PM in reply to: DR.WICK
Yes, you can schedule items that are in external drawing files and you can
either manually refresh the tables or have it automatically update.

wrote in message news:5270896@discussion.autodesk.com...
Is there a way to count devices throughout a set of drawings? Sorry if this
is a dumb question, I don't have ABS (yet) I'm just curious about it's
capabilities.

I usually put one level/floor of a building on it's own drawing so I guess I
would just need a way to add up the totals from the method you described.

I'm not as lazy as I sound, It would just be nice to have a total count
automated and not have to wonder if I missed a device or my addition was
correct.

Will the quantities update on the tables after revisions or must you go
through the whole schedule table creation process again? I assume you
would, just wishfully thinking.
Freakzilla
Message 13 of 13 (73 Views)

Re: Re:

08-17-2006 11:38 AM in reply to: DR.WICK
Outstanding. How about counting conduit and cable lengths?

I do fire alarm system drawings, if it's installed in conduit, the conduit size varies according to the quantity of cables. Also, there is often multiple, multi-conductor cables of various sizes.

I believe ABS will do pipe automatically, correct?

Can I set up devices for cables to where the conduit will automatically be sized according to the fill ratio of the cables within? Or can it at least warn me if the conduit is too small?

Can I tag the conduit and have the type, size and quantity of conduit and cables inserted into the tag automatically?

IE:

1A, 4B, 2C, (1) 2" EMT

I'm not sure what program to look at. I already have AutoCAD. would I be able to do something like this in Architectural Desktop, or in AutoCAD with customization? Right now I just draw a polyline and tag it with a dimension leader and hook/arrow. The hard part is adding it all up and updating the totals after revisions.

Even if I could do that with one multi-conductor cable in one size conduit, It would make my burden tremendously lighter. Message was edited by: Freakzilla
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.