AutoCAD MEP Wishes

AutoCAD MEP Wishes

Active Contributor
SunsetAir
Message 1 of 2 (1,521 Views)

Cut Plane + MEP Design display = Crap

1521 Views, 1 Replies
02-19-2010 09:09 AM
Can anybody tell me where I'm wrong here? I am trying to use the MEP Design display config to show my ductwork with hidden lines when ducts cross each other. This seems to work alright unless I bring the "Cut Plane" into the equation.

I have hidden lines showing up that are clearly above and below the display range that I created. I also have the sides of vertical ductwork not showing when it runs from withing the display range to outside of it.

You would think that the Cut Plane would NOT show ANYTHING that is above or below the display range and that it would show EVERYTHING that is in the display range.

Is there any reason why it doesn't?

I have included a pdf with 2 pages showing my issues.
*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 2 of 2 (1,372 Views)

Re: Cut Plane + MEP Design display = Crap

09-06-2010 12:28 PM in reply to: SunsetAir

I know this is an old post, but the cut plane only works on mep objects when the Enable display by elevation option is checked.  You can find this under Options-> MEP Display Control.  It is the last item on the page.  Once enabled, the cut plane will work its magic.  I would look up display by elevation in the help file so you can understand exactly what the cut plane does and how to display duct in the 4 different zones created by using the cut plane.

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.