manager.  BS2007 no longer has this information as editable without going
into pipe properties.  It would be nice to see that option returned to the
property manager, we used it often.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Mike, I could not agree with you more. Let me post another reason why Autodesk need to make this available again. In some instances, we could have som 200-500 vertical pipes (stacks or risers) that need to all terminate at the same location in the Z axis. In ABS 2006 we would accomplish this task in a few seconds by selecting all pipes, going to the properties tool palette, and changing the "Start/End Point Z" value to the one needed. Vioala!!! All pipes stretch to this new Z value without having to modify them individually as we have to now. If Autodesk uses the increase in productivity as one of it's product upgrades selling point, how come tools like these are being removed from earlier versions. I can understand if they replace a tool with a better one, but not deleting it completely without giving you a workaround that takes the same or less time to achieve the final result.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Yeah I agree too. The work around I found was to rotate my view to a front view, then align my UCS to Front, place a line at the appropriate elevation then use the trim command.

I could make use of the Start/End Z myself, but this other method is working for me so I'll stick to it I suppose.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Jay, thanks for the reply. Although workarounds are great, Autodesk NEEDS to put this functionallity back so we don't waste time looking for workarounds that at the end will require more steps to accomplish the task.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report