AutoCAD MEP Wishes

Active Contributor
clarkm
Message 1 of 3 (57 Views)

3D PLOTTING

57 Views, 2 Replies
08-10-2003 08:45 PM
Having the capability of 3D plotting only make sence seeing as how we spend the time to draw all of our designs in 3D. I have used other HVAC Cad products before & being able to send a 3D plot of our duct layout to the guys in the field dramatically helps to clarify how the duct work should be installed. It is also very impressive to the customers if we can show them on paper exactly what they will be getting from our services considering not all the people that we deal with are proficent in reading blue prints.
Active Contributor
clarkm
Message 2 of 3 (57 Views)

Re: 3D PLOTTING

08-13-2003 02:47 AM in reply to: clarkm
Well I just figured out that I can do a 3D plot by adjusting my 'shaded vieport options' on the plot window, but it would be very helpful if it were possible to plot in a hidden mode(that will hide the architecture behind the duct & not show the dashed lines of the hidden edges of the duct) & see the duct sizes directly on the sides or top of the duct. I have used other software packages, such as CAD-PIPE, that can do this easily.
*Popiel, Slawomir
Message 3 of 3 (57 Views)

Re:

08-13-2003 03:39 AM in reply to: clarkm
Do not use hide command. Instead, while in paper
space setup your isometric views in the viewports, leave viewports visible, on
unprinting layer, if you wish. Use mview with hideplot option, select viewports
you want to print in this mode.

You control hidden lines from options. This will
hide all 3-d object behind, but the architecture also must be 3-d
modeled.

sp

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Well
I just figured out that I can do a 3D plot by adjusting my 'shaded vieport
options' on the plot window, but it would be very helpful if it were possible
to plot in a hidden mode(that will hide the architecture behind the duct &
not show the dashed lines of the hidden edges of the duct) & see the duct
sizes directly on the sides or top of the duct. I have used other software
packages, such as CAD-PIPE, that can do this easily.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.