Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xrefs crash program

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RSABacad
469 Views, 2 Replies

xrefs crash program

I created a project in MEP 2009. Then we updated to MEP 2010. When I try to xref one drawing into another the program crashes (same constructs in project manager). These had no problem xrefing into each other before 2010 and I have opened them in 2010, audited, purged, and saved. Any suggestions? The files are huge but didn't cause a problem in 2009.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gregg.stanley
in reply to: RSABacad

Did you receive a CER report? if so, did you send it in? we can and do look for these so please send them in. Are you running a 32 bit os or64 bit? Can you check the ACAD.EXE process in task manager and memory usage? is it running out?

Let me know i can find your crash report. Please add email and info in the dialog and provide me with the info.

Gregg Stanley [Autodesk]

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
RSABacad
in reply to: RSABacad

I am running 64 bit, Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 quad CPU, Q99650 @ 3.00GHZ with 8.00 GB ram, it should be enough to deal with xref's and it only happens when I xref my drawings from the same constructs file that were created in autocad MEP 2009. if Autocad wants to send a crash report I let it but I don't know how to find it after it is sent.
Thanks,
Allison

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost