AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Active Contributor
RSABacad
Message 1 of 3 (319 Views)

xrefs crash program

319 Views, 2 Replies
01-14-2010 02:04 PM
I created a project in MEP 2009. Then we updated to MEP 2010. When I try to xref one drawing into another the program crashes (same constructs in project manager). These had no problem xrefing into each other before 2010 and I have opened them in 2010, audited, purged, and saved. Any suggestions? The files are huge but didn't cause a problem in 2009.
Employee
gregg.stanley
Message 2 of 3 (319 Views)

Re: xrefs crash program

01-15-2010 08:26 PM in reply to: RSABacad
Did you receive a CER report? if so, did you send it in? we can and do look for these so please send them in. Are you running a 32 bit os or64 bit? Can you check the ACAD.EXE process in task manager and memory usage? is it running out?

Let me know i can find your crash report. Please add email and info in the dialog and provide me with the info.

Gregg Stanley [Autodesk]

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Active Contributor
RSABacad
Message 3 of 3 (319 Views)

Re: xrefs crash program

01-19-2010 08:35 AM in reply to: RSABacad
I am running 64 bit, Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 quad CPU, Q99650 @ 3.00GHZ with 8.00 GB ram, it should be enough to deal with xref's and it only happens when I xref my drawings from the same constructs file that were created in autocad MEP 2009. if Autocad wants to send a crash report I let it but I don't know how to find it after it is sent.
Thanks,
Allison
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.