Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire size not shown in panel schedule

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kevin.campbell
474 Views, 1 Reply

Wire size not shown in panel schedule

Here's another one "those" questions from a MEP newbie...

So, to start with, my department decided to NOT do a full MEP project setup (no project, constructs, elements) as this was considered to be not necessary for our needs. We just needed to place panels, equipment and wiring in xref drawings to track data and make revisions easier. We have three individual MEP xref dwg files: Panels, Power (receptacles, equipment, etc.) and Lighting (lights, switches, j-boxes wiring and home runs).

I have created panel schedules in the panel file, but it's not populating the wire size info from the Lighting file. I get the "<Used in multiple drawings>" notation under wire size. I did notice that if I create a panel schedule in the Lighting file, the info does get populated.

My question is this:

Do the wires need to exist in the panel dwg to get this info populated? I know that I have split up the electrical components across three files, but shouldn't the database still send this info back to where the schedules have been created as long as they're using the same EPD? Or did I screw up by creating individual files? Or, worse yet, did I REALLY screw up by not doing a full-blown MEP Project?

Please Help!

Thanks in Advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jholbert
in reply to: kevin.campbell

I have the same issue.  If I create a new dwg or sheet and then add a panel schedule using the Electrical Project Database, it shows "<Used in multiple drawings.>" within the wire type column.  If I create a panel schedule in the model or layout of the same file, all sizes are shown correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost