AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

nwhvac
Message 1 of 3 (569 Views)
Accepted Solution

When reconnecting duct work it will not connect with a takeoff

569 Views, 2 Replies
03-11-2012 01:03 PM

When I run a branch run off a main duct and erease the takeoff and try to reconnect to the main duct MEP will not reconnect.  The branch duct just ends up routing to the middle of the duct.  It seems to be just on one computer as we opened the drawing on another computer and the branches reconnected with a takeoff on the other computer.   If the duct is a square branch duct and the ducts are the same size it will reconnect with a takeoff but if the branch is smalller size then the main it will not reconnect with a takeoff, this happens if it is either round or square duct.   Attached is a PDF view of what is happening.

This is a work around. I hope autodesk has a better answer.

When selecting a branch run duct with the ADD Duct +; the only way I have been able to get a connection to a main is to make sure the "Duct Layout Settings" have the "Elbow Layout Setting" set to USE STRAIGHT ELBOW AND REDUCER.  You can find this control on the properties palette under preferences near the bottom.

duct layout prefs and takeoffs.png

Active Contributor
ebixler
Message 2 of 3 (487 Views)

Re: When reconnecting duct work it will not connect with a takeoff

04-20-2012 08:48 AM in reply to: nwhvac

This is a work around. I hope autodesk has a better answer.

When selecting a branch run duct with the ADD Duct +; the only way I have been able to get a connection to a main is to make sure the "Duct Layout Settings" have the "Elbow Layout Setting" set to USE STRAIGHT ELBOW AND REDUCER.  You can find this control on the properties palette under preferences near the bottom.

duct layout prefs and takeoffs.png

Employee
gregg.stanley
Message 3 of 3 (430 Views)

Re: When reconnecting duct work it will not connect with a takeoff

05-04-2012 10:05 PM in reply to: ebixler

Check to see if DCurve AMEP osnap is set on the cpu having the problem. To snap to the middle of the duct you need to snap to the Dcur snap.

Gregg Stanley

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.