Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When reconnecting duct work it will not connect with a takeoff

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nwhvac
1354 Views, 2 Replies

When reconnecting duct work it will not connect with a takeoff

When I run a branch run off a main duct and erease the takeoff and try to reconnect to the main duct MEP will not reconnect.  The branch duct just ends up routing to the middle of the duct.  It seems to be just on one computer as we opened the drawing on another computer and the branches reconnected with a takeoff on the other computer.   If the duct is a square branch duct and the ducts are the same size it will reconnect with a takeoff but if the branch is smalller size then the main it will not reconnect with a takeoff, this happens if it is either round or square duct.   Attached is a PDF view of what is happening.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ebixler
in reply to: nwhvac

This is a work around. I hope autodesk has a better answer.

When selecting a branch run duct with the ADD Duct +; the only way I have been able to get a connection to a main is to make sure the "Duct Layout Settings" have the "Elbow Layout Setting" set to USE STRAIGHT ELBOW AND REDUCER.  You can find this control on the properties palette under preferences near the bottom.

duct layout prefs and takeoffs.png

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 3
gregg.stanley
in reply to: ebixler

Check to see if DCurve AMEP osnap is set on the cpu having the problem. To snap to the middle of the duct you need to snap to the Dcur snap.

Gregg Stanley

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost