Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's new in MEP 2011?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
Mark_Richards
791 Views, 22 Replies

What's new in MEP 2011?

Just received notification that MEP 2011 is available for download on subscription.

Anyone know of a new features list? Can't find one on the AD website.

Too much work to install the upgrades unless there is a significant new feature to take advantage of.
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23

Maybe I'm wrong, but if you resize an existing pipe atteached to a tee, doesn't Acad attempt to create a reducing tee, rather than an equal tee+adapter? I do this with copper and steel fittings all the time.
======================================================

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solved your issue.

Intel 7740x - Quadro 6000 - 32Gb RAM - CADmouse - Logitech G710
Message 22 of 23
waydawn
in reply to: Mark_Richards

I haven't seen reducing copper tees in 2010 MEP. I don't think Autocad knows how to make them. Basically then need to STOP working on 2011 and fix what they started so we can get the projects done, isn't this what the program was made for??????????
It's ridiculous that I have to use full size tees, especially 3" and fighting for elevation in corridors.
Message 23 of 23
kenzco
in reply to: Mark_Richards

Cadmonkey -

No... hense the reason for the gripe. I am not aware of copper but with Cast Iron threaded fittings MEP inserts a nipple then a reducing coupling, all of which takes up a grand total of 4" of T.O. To make issues worse with the insertion point of the reducing coupling is unreliable when resizing as you describe. Sometimes it's inserted an inch into the tee!... This was fixed somewhat with 2011.
All in all, I will attempt to design my own content but hope that Autodesk develops their own. The one issue I have with Autodesk is that it seems as if the new release every year takes precedent over refining already released products. I just wish they would focus their effort on making their product reliable & fast rather than new user friendly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost