Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Issue with MV Part (Gate Valve)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MEProx
1649 Views, 3 Replies

View Issue with MV Part (Gate Valve)

When I rotate a gate valve (MVPART) by 45 degrees in PLAN view the handle disappears. (see attached image)

Any ideas how to fix this? It appears ok in the 3D view. It just doesn't draw it in the plan view?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: MEProx

I don't know if i would call it a bug, but it is an issue with anything in MEP that does not fall along one of the specific planes such as top, bottom, front, back, etc.  It has to use the 3D model to generate a plan view and sometimes it just cannot do it correctly. 

You could conceivably create a flattened block of how it was to look rotated at a 45 and assign that block to the 3D view and that should make it look correct.  Just a thought/idea.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 4
Leon-Biohazard

You are correct, I think the valve is created at the front view, which cause the issue.

So the valve should always be created at top-plan. But another problem is that we can't show is symbol correctly for some vertical used valves.

Message 4 of 4
MEProx

I ended up exploding the MVpart back to an object. Removing the valve handle and redrawing it with 3d with primatives.

Then recreated the MVpart.

It works fine now. It seemed to have the problem rendering the roundness of the handle so I removed it. (see attached)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost