Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version of MEP are you currently using

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kkopp2005
488 Views, 4 Replies

Version of MEP are you currently using

I was wondering what version of AutoCAD MEP everyone is using? We justed purchased several seats of CAD-Duct and Navisworks. I'm having a hard time convincing upper management to renew our MEP contract after already spending money on purchasing other software. But with the new changes in the contract from autodesk I really feel like we have to.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
therain247
in reply to: kkopp2005

2009 MEP. the version before that was 2004.The version before that was softdesk 8 cad 13. I don't like to upgrade because of the learning curve. it seems like every year there are more new bugs than innovations to MEP. So, I network and talk to people about what they are using then decide if I want the upgrade. The last time I checked the upgrade from one MEP suite to another is approx. $1000.00 the subscription is approx. $900.00 per year. skip a year and you have saved a little. Please realize I am talking about one computer. Remember with the subscription there are perks like flexable licensing. if you get a group discount on the subscription it may be worth it.
Message 3 of 5
ElSid1

Probably moving to 2010. I have been testing both 2009 and 2010. 2010 in more stable in the workspace and they corrected the plumbing/sloped piping. It's a big change due to the file format change, which traditionally, Autodesk does on ODD number years. We are using the 32 bit version, due to hardware constraints. 2011 is coming out in a month or less. You may want to see if that works for you since you are upgrading. Unfortunately, I have not seen what the changes to 2010 are in 2011. If anyone has a list, I would LOVE to see what the anticipated changes are.
Message 4 of 5
JayAyalaATG

elsid wrote,
...Unfortunately, I have not seen what the changes to 2010 are in 2011. If anyone has a list, I would LOVE to see what the anticipated changes are...

Autodesk doesn't publish that list or even discuss it publicly until the new software release date. Something to do with the legal aspect of future claims of a product. You should consider signing up as a beta tester. You would have to sign a non-disclosure statement and you would not be able to publicly share any new product capabilites or information, but it would give you insight into what Autodesk plans for the next release and give you an opporutinity to discuss direct with Autodesk some of your feedback that may wind up tweaking the final product at release time.

Do a google search for Autodesk Beta details for how to sign up and participate. It may be too late now as the new software will be release in a metter of a week or so, but it may lead you to try this next release cycle.

Jay
Message 5 of 5
RibbonHater

You should see some info starting to leak out around the 25th. That's when the beta test confidentiality agreement expires...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost