Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unselectable Text

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jason
1592 Views, 2 Replies

Unselectable Text

I have been having an issue with ABS 2007.1 and text. For some reason after closing a file and coming back into it most if not all of my text cannot be selected, I can window the whole drawing and erase everything, but the text remains as if I didn't select it. I can though insert new text, say select similar, and then the text entities are selected. I don't know why this is happening, if anyone can help let me know, thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jason
in reply to: jason

OK I figured out how to get the ability to select the text back. I went into options, under "Display" I checked the "Show text boundary frame only" box, hit ok to close the options and hit regen to make the change take place. After that I was able to select the text boundary and move it or delete it. I then went back into the options and unchecked that box and hit ok again and regened the drawing, and then everything was OK. Odd but that was the work around for me.
Message 3 of 3
eigio
in reply to: jason

If we are talking about the same thing then theres a quicker workaround, when I am unable to select the text I use CTRL + A command to select everything in drawing, then move it just a tad and undo the move, after this I'm able to work with it, but the thing is annoying that I have to do this 😕 why is it even happening.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost