Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Units Issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
alexxn
1916 Views, 3 Replies

Units Issue

I'm new to MEP and its seems  by default I have metric units. When I try to change the units to Imperial and try to draw a pipe I got an error saying that The current catalog contains no parts which could be automatically inserted in this situation. And when I open a new drawing  "Aecb Model (US Imperial Ctb)" i get weird nominal sizes for the pipe.
I have attached pictures of the erros. 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: alexxn

In a program such as AutoCAD MEP it is not enough to just change your units.  There are many items linked to the type of drawing that you are creating.  It sounds like you are running MEP with the metric profile.  You should switch to the imperial profile so that the correct Imperial Catalogs will be loaded instead of the metric ones.  You should also make sure that the units in your property sets are correct if you are using a custom template.

Message 3 of 4
alexxn
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I got it.  
Thank You!

Message 4 of 4
biosfixguy
in reply to: alexxn

It seems autocad only convert by muliplied or devided by 25.4, not convert to standard norminal size, definatly wrong concept for HVAC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost