Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK MEP2013 Ductwork Flange sizes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
garyblandford-hull8096
812 Views, 4 Replies

UK MEP2013 Ductwork Flange sizes

I am using MEP2013. I would like to change the flanges on ductwork sections and ductwork fittings to be 20mm. It seems as though the default flange upstand from the ductwork is currently set as 50 mm. This is causing problems when drawing ductwork in tight spaces. How can I reset the flange upstand from 50 mm to 20 mm. This would need to be set as a connector style presumably, but despite considerable searching through MEP2013 I cannot see where this can be changed/set. Anyone help me on this one?

Thanks.

Gary

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

On the design tab of the properties palette there is an option to set the flange dimensions in the advanced section when you start the ductadd command.

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply. Yes I was aware of that but what I would really like to do is set a range of fittings and ducts with a default flange heaight of 20mm.

I have looked at the xml file but I am not sure what is the best way of setting up a new range of ductwork fittings, and duct to default to use a 20 mm flange.

Gary

Message 4 of 5

Those options are not set in the xml file.  They are only available on the properties palette.  The properties palette remembers your last choice and uses it the next time you start to draw ductwork.

Message 5 of 5
botogan.radu
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I am searching for this option for several days and i don't know how i can't change the default height of the flange. I tryed also to make some changes in the catalogue but without a success. As you can set the insulation default to a requested dimension i am sure that there is a way to change also the default flange height. I hope that someone has an answer for this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost