Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Palettes in ABS2004

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
168 Views, 1 Reply

Tool Palettes in ABS2004

I realize you can not export the palettes without going through a lot of trouble, and I've seen the posts that describe how to do it. My question is where are the basic palettes located that come with ADT or with Basic AutoCAD? How do I get these put in with my ABS palettes? When I open up the tool palettes all I get are the basic MEP palettes. Part 2- I've installed the tool palette extension and when I open ABS2004 back up I don't see any change? What exactly is this extension for? Am I supposed to see more options on my palettes if so how do I get them on? I'm using a personalized profile, so let me know if that's the problem or how I get around that problem. Scott
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Scott, ADT Palettes: There are two routes to go: Route 1: Change the active profile to Architectural Desktop, no ABS palettes will appear :( Route 2: Open Content Browser (CTRL+4), Click on ADT Sample Palette Catalog, Drag / Drop palettes onto Tool Palettes in workspace. This route allows you to keep the existing ABS palettes. Tool Palette Extension: The Extension provides the means to organize individual palettes into groups. If using Route 2 above, go to the Customize Dialog box for Tool Palettes and create as many palettes groups as you like. I personally have an ADT, ABS, and project dependent palettes. The key point here is that these tool palette groups are being managed under one user profile. John Herridge, AIA "Scott" wrote in message news:3fe1cc96$1_4@statler... > I realize you can not export the palettes without going through a lot of > trouble, and I've seen the posts that describe how to do it. > > My question is where are the basic palettes located that come with ADT or > with Basic AutoCAD? How do I get these put in with my ABS palettes? When I > open up the tool palettes all I get are the basic MEP palettes. > > Part 2- I've installed the tool palette extension and when I open ABS2004 > back up I don't see any change? What exactly is this extension for? Am I > supposed to see more options on my palettes if so how do I get them on? > > I'm using a personalized profile, so let me know if that's the problem or > how I get around that problem. > > Scott > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost