Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool palette selection delay

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jcharles2417
274 Views, 1 Reply

Tool palette selection delay

Hi, I am currently using AutoCAD MEP 2013 full time. I have tool palettes loaded for use of MEP systems and schematic systems. When I select either an MEP Duct or Pipe system OR a Schematic line system, I experience a loading time delay. When I open up Style manager (which also takes a while to open) I noticed that sometimes when check the dwg file, I overwrite HVAC objects, Schematic objects etc. with our company dwg template specifically setup for these palettes, systems, and symbols. (see below) It seems to help, the speed but not entirely. I have a hunch that it may be a path issue with a catalog or library? Not sure. Is there some setting that I may look at and check to improve tool palette selection speeds?

john

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Pothman
in reply to: jcharles2417

If you tried to attach a file, I don't see it. Can you try again?

Are you having this delay with custom tools only or also with out of the box tools? Check in Options -> MEP Catalogs and verify that the paths for all of the content types are valid and there aren't any that are broken links. If you are pulling content from a network location, that may also be a source of a delay. You can try copying the content local, change the paths to the local folders and see if that makes a difference.

Dave Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost