Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The longer I am on MEP 2013 the worse I am finding it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mdhutchinson
723 Views, 5 Replies

The longer I am on MEP 2013 the worse I am finding it.

It's been a awhile since a release and for that matter a service pack.... has been this poor.

We had miss information when communicating drawings to outside members of the design team...

The drawing file version is not at all consistant. See the attached.

The user thought certain he had saved the drawing file back to 2010 format...

But the version on the Application Menu Recently Used Files showed 2010 format alright enough... but onening the file proved other wise.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bryce.thelin
in reply to: mdhutchinson

Are you able to post a copy of the drawing?

If you open a DWG in Notepad, it will show an AC code at the top. This should tell you what AutoCAD version the drawing is saved in. Here is a link with all the codes listed out:

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/qaID.asp?tip=868

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 3 of 6
mdhutchinson
in reply to: bryce.thelin

Yes, I am familiar with this method of seeing the version via notpad.

I would expect to see the correct verion reference in notpad.

I'll try and get an opportuny to do this and post back.

Message 4 of 6
bryce.thelin

I wanted to follow up with you on this discussion thread. Were you able to sort out the file version differences?

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 5 of 6
mdhutchinson

No... are you saying that you do not see this?.... the file is 2013... but the text in the history shows 2010?

We are seeing it on every file.

Message 6 of 6
bryce.thelin

Well, you are right! I was waiting to hear back if the AC code within your drawing matched, but, it is true -- all the tool tips for 2013 drawings in the recent files list show 2010 for the version. I had not noticed that.

I did some checking and it looks like the text for "AutoCAD 2013" was left out of the program. Essentially it defaults to 2010 for the tool tip since it can't find 2013. There is a potential plan to have it fixed in the next service pack, but so far no concrete schedule on when or if this will be.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost