Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEMP pipe routing preferences

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mike
651 Views, 4 Replies

TEMP pipe routing preferences

I'm using 2015 MEP AutoCAD to model Sanitary pipe. Every time I try to add pipe there is a prompt wanting me to choose a part. I've been able to get rid of it by going into the routing preference and purging a preference that reads "_TEMP_Sanitary PVC." I already have that preference set up without the "TEMP" in front of it. when I purge it I can then create my pipe with out the prompt. However after I create the one section of pipe I think it creates the TEMP preference again, which makes me repeat this process. How can I get autoCAD to stop making these TEMP routing Preferences?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pothied
in reply to: mike

Would it be possible for you to post your drawing here so I can talk a look at it? I have not seen this before.

David Pothier

Message 3 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: pothied

In AutoCAD 2015 on the new startup tab go to the Learn section and watch the video entitled "Creating a Piping System".  At the 24 second mark the routing preferences are shown in the style manager.  You can clearly see that there are two TEMP routing preferences located there also.

Message 4 of 5
alexanderjsol
in reply to: pothied

Any solution for this on 2016?

Please help.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
dbutts7
in reply to: alexanderjsol

A buddy of mine sent this link for AutoCAD MEP 2015 (have not seen a solution for 2016 yet):

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-mep/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Ro...

He siad it didn't work for him but I'm not sure of all the conditions.

Will keep chasing this...thanks - db

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost