Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stumped on elevations in my drwg.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mjmpe
420 Views, 1 Reply

stumped on elevations in my drwg.

I inserted a duct drwg and a background in my drwg started drwg my piping and put my elevations in at 10'-0" (center) did the whole drwg. Then went into navis and saw that my pipe is way below the duct looks like it is at the wrong elevation. so I opened the duct drwg separate and his elevation is accurate in the properties dialog box, so then went back in my drwg checked my piping and in the properties box it calls out to be 10'-0" which is what it should be, so where would my problem be. it looks like the duct is correct measuring it off the arch background and my piping looks wrong,  but if it calls out to be 10'-0" then what should I do? help me please, its so frustrating.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mjmpe

It is only logical that if both the duct and pipe elevations  are accurate in their own drawing then the problem must be how you are bringing them together.  When xrefing the duct into your piping drawing make sure that the duct is xrefed in at the correct elevation.  That is if they are both on the same floor then they should probably both have a z elevation of 0 feet.  The same applies to navisworks.  It is possible to move drawings around in navisworks also.  Make sure that they are both elevated correctly in that program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost