Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

START ELEVATION / END ELEVATION

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jerry.wms
1347 Views, 5 Replies

START ELEVATION / END ELEVATION

CAN SOMEONE WALK THROUGH THE STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE THE "START ELEVATION / END ELEVATION" LABELS FOR PIPING SHOW FEET AND INCHES INSTEAD OF DECIMAL FEET.  I AM USING OTB MEP 2011

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jcampbell924
in reply to: jerry.wms

Jerry

Is my screenshot what you are after?  Do you wan to use a label or a tag?  My example below I used a label and added the Start Z and the End Z to the PipeObject property set.  I then made a formula property that just combined the two together.  I got them to display in feet and inches by changing the data format to Length - Long inside of my formula Property set.  Let me know if this is what you want or if you want screen shots of what I did.

Thanks

Jeff

Capture.JPG

Message 3 of 6
jerry.wms
in reply to: jcampbell924

JEFF,

I COULD NOT SEE YOUR SCREEN SHOTS.  I HAVE ATTACHED MINE SO YOU CAN SEE.  THESE ARE SHOWN AS LABELS IN THE TOOL PALLET. 

Message 4 of 6
jcampbell924
in reply to: jerry.wms

This is how I fixed it.

1.  Open up style manager

2. Expand out the documentation section

3. Expand out the Property Data Formats section (this controls how units are reported in a PSD)

4.  Copy the Elevation - Feet and paste a copy into the Data Formats section. (I renamed my copy to Elevation - Feet-Inches)

5. Select the Elevation-Feet-Inches and change the settings per screen shot 1.

6. Expand out the Property Set Deffinitions section

7.  Select the PipeInvertIn PSD (note that this is a style based PSD)

8. Edit the formula property Decimal_Feet_In and change the Format type from Elevation-Feet to use the Elevation-Feet-Inches that you created above. Screem shot 2

Select the pipe and tag and do a objrelupdate on them.  The tag should update to display what you want to see.  Screen shot 3

Message 5 of 6
jerry.wms

JEFF,

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.  THANKS.

Message 6 of 6
luv2pl191

I did what you did. It looked exactly like yours. But the problem is the feet were never right. will you post a full screen shot so i can make sure all enities are checked properly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost