Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying Ductwork Settings 2010 to 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lsop1409
511 Views, 1 Reply

Specifying Ductwork Settings 2010 to 2013

Hi

I am back on AutoCAD MEP after 3 years and the software has changed slightly. I have read that you now use the properties pallette to specify ductwork settings etc.

How do I setup the software to only use square bends for Rectangular duct for example?

I go to:

>Properties Pallette

>Rectangular

>Properties

In 'routing' i select bemd method as Elbow, but this is gemeric, how do i specify i want to only use 'DW144 Rect Duct Square Elbow Flanged' for example?

On opening a new drawing with an aecb template i am prompted every time i try to turn at 90deg or branch off by the 'choose a part' dialogue every time, even though i select the checkbox 'make this part the default'

Thanks for any input

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: lsop1409

Use the command DUCTPREFDEF to bring up the style manager and duct routing preferences.  From here you can select the routing preference and then set the elbow to which ever elbow you want.  When routing duct, you then choose the correct routing preference from the property palette.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost