Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something has a hold on a propertset... can't get rid of it.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mdhutchinson
269 Views, 3 Replies

Something has a hold on a propertset... can't get rid of it.

I have an old... no longer valid property set definition in a dwg file.

I cannot seem to find which objects to which it is added.

I have classifications that relate... I've cleared and purge one of them that should have released it.

There are no Schedule definitions in the file... so this wouldn't be the culprit.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mdhutchinson

Could you create a temporary schedule of the object that is using that property? And when the object shows up in the schedule, right mouse click it and go to find object. It should zoom on on the object. The "find" is probably buried in a sub category in the right click. You could then remove the properties from the object.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown

You can try exporting your drawing as a block.  This will force MEP to only copy the items that are actually in use in your current drawing.  It will leave all unused styles behind.  Just make sure to not copy over your existing drawing and to make sure that you have objects placed in model space that hold all of the styles that you wish to keep.

If the style is still stubborn and is present in the new drawing then that means that it is attached to one of the objects that you placed in model space.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost