Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow performance while using AutoCAD MEP and Fabrication 2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
567 Views, 4 Replies

Slow performance while using AutoCAD MEP and Fabrication 2015

I have just been given a new workstation:

Dell Precision T7610 MT (R) | Intel Xeon
E5-2620 V2 (2.10GHz) | Win 7 Pro (64Bit) | 2x
500GB SATA | 16GB (2x8GB) RAM | NVIDIA
Quadro K5000

The OS is Windows 7 64x and I am using AutoCAD 2015 MEP and Fabrication. Drawing in 2d is fine but whenever I try to do anything in 3d its fustrating slow, its a struggle to even rotate the model without it constantly vanishing and reappearing. I have turned off Hardware Acceleration and Selection Effect and it has made no difference. Does anyone please have any ideas as to why the performance is poor.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Stickerin
in reply to: Anonymous

You need the file in which you have a problem.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Stickerin

Sorry excuse my lack of expertise but which file are you referring to, if you mean the DWG this wont help as the problem happens with any 3D drawing!

Regards
Mike!!!

M: 07989 167810
Message 4 of 5
Pothman
in reply to: Anonymous

If this slowness is happening with any drawing - even small ones, then the issue is probably graphics related. 

Can you check to see if your graphics card driver is up to date and a Autodesk certified driver? Please go here and select Graphics Hardware, pick AutoCAD for the product and 2015 for the release, select your operating system and graphics card manufacturer, select All and select Find.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Once the search is complete, look for your graphics card and select on that link to see if there is a certified driver for your card and if so, you can download the driver right from this site. If you have an older driver installed, please install the certified driver and then restart your computer and retest the software. If your card is not listed, then go to the manufacturer's website and download and install the latest driver available for your graphics card.

You can also try testing with Hardware Acceleration ON or OFF. Type 3DCONFIG at the command line and toggle the setting for Hardware Acceleration ON or OFF depending on it's current state and see if that makes a difference.

Dave Pothier

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Pothman

I have done this, and there is an improvement but with "Hardware Acceleration" turned off. For now this will have to do.
Thanks for your help.

Mike!!!
Mike Fanthome
Senior CAD Operator | 07989167810

[ESGPLC Logo]

www.esgplc.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost