Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared links (work togheter on same library)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
marco.defina
501 Views, 5 Replies

Shared links (work togheter on same library)

Hello,

i work from 2 year on Autocad MEP and i set a lot of settings...Styles of ducts, pipes, tool palette, mv parts...

Now a coworker need to start to use this program. The question is...

Can i share all my progress on his computer and work together on the same library for the future?

I think a shared link for information, but i don't understand how to make with the guide.

Thanks.

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Keith.Brown
in reply to: marco.defina

Hi Marco,

I shared about moving tool palettes in another thread.  If you both work off of the same template then you can use the same pipe styles, etc.  You can also copy your mvpart catalogs to a network location and use that catalog instead of the local catalog on your machine.  You will need to either remove the local catalog using options->MEP Catalogs or move it below the copied network catalog in the list.  You will need to do this step because AutoCAD MEP will only let you have one catalog loaded at the same time that has the same GUID.  Since you copied the catalog it will have the same GUID.  Even if you created a new GUID for the copied catalog the individual parts will have the same name/GUID.  So it is best to just remove the catalog from AutoCAD MEP or move it down below the copied catalog.  The order of catalogs in the list represent the order in which AutoCAD MEP will load the catalogs.  If an item is above another item then it will load first.

Once your catalog is on a network drive then your co-workers can access the catalog also.  Just remember that they will also need to either remove the original catalog or move it down in the list.

I would recommend creating a new catalog and moving all of your custom content to the new catalog leaving the original AutoCAD MEP content in the original catalog.  This is so that when you upgrade AutoCAD MEP to the next release you will only have to add your catalog to the new release.  Since AutoCAD MEP has new catalogs every release that may or may not contain new parts it is best to at least load those catalogs once and check them out.  If you copy your catalog and do not create a new one then this could cause issues because of the GUID scenario explained above.

Hopefully this helps.

Message 3 of 6
VitalyF
in reply to: marco.defina

Hi Keith,

I additionally mentioning projects and corporate standards and synchronize them... 

About Synchronizing the Project

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Keith.Brown

hey KEITH, 

when creating a new catalog do you created under the content browser? when I do so how do I copy my conduit catalog to the catalog I created under the content browser. in need pretty much everything in a network location. 

Message 5 of 6
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Once the catalog is created, you can copy/paste the folders in the old catalog to the new catalog and then regenerate the catalog in AutoCAD MEP.  If you are copying content from a catalog that will still be present in AutoCAD MEP then you will need to make sure that on the catalogs page in options that you move the new catalog above the old one.  This will insure that MEP will use the new catalog and not the old one.  Identical parts only show up once in the first catalog encountered.  Any additional parts that are found that have already been loaded are ignored.

Also, use the catalog manager in AutoCAD MEP to create a new catalog.

Here is an old video that I made that shows how to create a custom catalog.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Keith.Brown

by the way, this help thank you. now the only issue I have is that from my properties menu when choosing the nominal size of my new conduit size pull-down menu does not show new conduit size. type the size but cannot see to select my new size conduit.

https://www.screencast.com/t/nph3g0Dq8

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost