Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Up Publish Page Setup Override

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mancell7462
14093 Views, 5 Replies

Set Up Publish Page Setup Override

Can any one tell me how to set up publish using page setup overrides in mep 2013?  I have made page setups but the options on the sheet set manager in the project navigator is grayed back.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Tom_Eitelbach
in reply to: mancell7462

This was in the help file for 2014 MEP

To Set the Properties of the Project Sheet Set

5. To define page setup overrides in the project, click the setting for Page setup override files.

6. In the Select Template dialog box, select a drawing template (DWT) file.

NoteSelect a template that contains named paper space layouts, and make sure that their plot areas have been set to Layout. Otherwise, you cannot use them as page setup overrides.

Is it possible that your template file is not set up like the note above?
Message 3 of 6
mancell7462
in reply to: Tom_Eitelbach

Thats kind of vague.

5. To define page setup overrides in the project, click the setting for Page setup override files.

Where do i click the setting for page setup override files?

6. In the Select Template dialog box, select a drawing template (DWT) file.

Whats the command to open that dialog box?

Message 4 of 6
Tom_Eitelbach

To see the whole context of where I got the step 5 and 6 from, type "To Set the Properties of the Project Sheet Set" in the search box of the help file. You should see the exact same text as one of the options in the top left of the results.

"Where do i click the setting for page setup override files?"

On the sheet tab of project navigator, all the way at the top of the hierarchy, right click the icon of the rolled up sheets and choose properties. If you don't see the icon, click the rolled up sheet icon on the top right to view the sheet set in a sheet set view and not an explorer view.

In the sheet set section of the properties dialog box you will see where you can chose the path to the page set up override file.

I thought this is the point you were seeing that the path was grayed out. I was thinking that it was grayed out because the file you have chosen for your page set up override did not have a "named paper space layout" or their plot areas have not been set to Layout like the note says in step 6.

Message 5 of 6
mancell7462
in reply to: Tom_Eitelbach

Ok that helped.  I didn't find that file when i was searching in the help.  Searching with the wrong worlds I guess.  I notice that the page setups that are actucal tabs in the DWT file have "*" next to them and don't show up as overrides.  The page setups that are not actucal tabs in the DWT file don't have * and show up as page overrides.  Any ideas about that or now where I can read about it in the help menu?

Message 6 of 6
Tom_Eitelbach

Where did you set up your named page set up. Was it in the drawing listed in sheet set properties to "use as the page setup override file"?

Is the drawing listed in sheet set properties to "use as the page setup override file" the same template drawing for "sheet creation drawing"? ( It probably does not have to be but mine are)

Did you open the "use as the page setup override file" to see if it had a named paper space layout and check to see If each "named page setup" was set to layout?

"I have made page setups but the options on the sheet set manager in the project navigator is grayed back".

Where exatly are you seeing it grayed out? is this after right clicking a sheet or sheet set < publish < publish using page setup overrides.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost