Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sections & Xrefs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
smbrennan
532 Views, 3 Replies

Sections & Xrefs

I have a drawing with Conduit & Sections. In that drawing, I have all of the details set up for the section as I want it, and it looks perfect. It's basically the MEP Standard, but hiding all of the hatching. It's set so that my section displays the conduit contours by layer, no hatches. This way, conduits that are color coded by different system in plan view, remain color coded in the section detail.

Now, I xref that file (overlay, preferrably) where my sheets reside, and the section doesn't look as I want it. It appears that the contours of the conduit are being assigned to the layer of the section itself (G-Sect, by default). I've confirmed this by changing the color of that layer, and all layers changed. I've hidden that layer then all conduit disappered.  I then made sure that the respective conduit layers are still on/thawed, which they were. Then, I tried placing the elevation on Layer '0' to see if properties are inherited like a block - no luck there either.

One last thing I've tried, is using Display & Style Manager to copy all style settings from the "working" file to the "problem" file. That is included in all of the steps I've tried above.

I'm not entirely familiar with customizing section views as of yet, so any help would be great. 

Thanks in advance.

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Pothman
in reply to: smbrennan

I think that the step that you are missing is that you need to edit the system styles for the conduit - Other tab - and turn ON (check) the Exclude from 2D Section Shrinkwrap setting. Try setting that in the source drawing - update your section and see if it now displays correctly when you xref it in.

ConduitSystem.png

Dave Pothier

Message 3 of 4
Pothman
in reply to: Pothman

Shawn, did my suggestion work for you?

Dave Pothier

Message 4 of 4
smbrennan
in reply to: Pothman

I actually tried starting from a brand new AECB model template. I believe my current template is severeley flawed. I think it started from a Vanilla version of AutoCAD, then frankensteined various MEP styles and settings. That seemed to do the trick.  

I'll explore that check box in the future - it could make controlling the 2D Section style easier to work with/manage.

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost