Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section views not showing all selected objects? (AMEP 2013 SP1)

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
mikegustus8493
2064 Views, 13 Replies

Section views not showing all selected objects? (AMEP 2013 SP1)

Ok, I have a conduit duct bank with about 30 conduits drawn in the model. When I cut a section view it seems that randomly, some of the conduits do not show in the section at all, as if they were not selected (although I have checked, double checked etc... that all of them are selected)

It seems totally random, two conduits, side by side, same size, same layer etc... as far as properties they seem identical. One will show up correctly and the other is totally missing?

Any ideas? Please help!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
pothied
in reply to: mikegustus8493

Is this something that you can reproduce on a regular basis or do the objects show up in the section and then fail to show when the section is updated?

Do you have a drawing that you can attach to this thread so that I can try to reproduce the problem?

Is the problem only in one drawing or can you reproduce it in any drawing?

What version of the software are you running?

Also, just to be on the safe side, I would check to see if you have the latest video card driver installed. This site can be used to find the supported graphics driver for your card and also provides you with the link to download and install it.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

David Pothier

Message 3 of 14
mikegustus8493
in reply to: pothied

Here you go, this is just a small section of conduit from the drawing, and the section is not working properly in this sample. Thanks!

Message 4 of 14
pothied

Thanks for attaching the file. The problem appears to be due to the fact that the section box doesn't extend past the objects. If you extend the section box past the ends of the conduits and regenerate the section, the missing conduits will appear. I don't know why some show and some don't when it doesn't extend past but at least this is a way to fix the problem. I will log a defect about this since I think that it should work regardless of the extents of the section box.

David Pothier

Message 5 of 14
mikegustus8493

That did not change anything when I tried it. Still missing objects.

Also, even if this didn't work it would be impractical to have section boxes that extend past the ends of the conduit. In most cases I need a very short section cut of this run, the duct bank changes direction, and individual conduits turn and branch off the main section along the way.

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 14

I'm working with AutoCAD MEP 2014 & 2015 and still have this issue.  Has this been addressed, I know this thread is nearly 2 years old, but the issue still exists?

David J. Ortega
____________________________________________________________________________________
AutoCAD 2015 | AutoCAD Architecture 2015 | Revit Architecture 2015 | NavisWorks Manage 2015
Autodesk | TheSwamp | CadTutor | AUGI
Message 7 of 14
JoeVernice

This might help if you haven't already tried it:

MEP 2012 - Display Problem with 2D Vertical Section of Conduit Smaller than 1”

JMV

Message 8 of 14
Kevin_Laskowski

Same problem with AMEP 2015 sp2.

Any Update yet?

Message 9 of 14
Sylvia1325

I am having the same problem with all sizes of conduit and it is completely random when it works and doesn't.  Is there any fix coming soon?

Message 10 of 14
dortega4226
in reply to: JoeVernice

Thank you jvernice, great reference, worked like a charm.
David J. Ortega
____________________________________________________________________________________
AutoCAD 2015 | AutoCAD Architecture 2015 | Revit Architecture 2015 | NavisWorks Manage 2015
Autodesk | TheSwamp | CadTutor | AUGI
Message 11 of 14
Sylvia1325
in reply to: dortega4226

One thing we did that worked in AutoCAD MEP 2015 is we moved our model to 0,0,0.  We had it set up to the real coordinates and that caused problems.  When we moved our model we didn't have any more troubles.

However in 2016, no matter where we move it, it cuts every single MEP object even if it is outside of the section box.

Message 12 of 14
p00100306
in reply to: Sylvia1325

Hi,

although this is again an older thread, there might be still a problem. Just to figure out if its between my ears or my AMEP2015 installation. I 'm trying to track this issue down from time to time and from AMEP2013 to 2015.

Still have the problem as for round Ducts and Pipes i need to show the centerlines, so the View properties are set to 'Plan' instead of 'model'. If 'model' is selected, everthing is ok. Using 'Plan', only Objects which are completely in the section box or passes the section lines only once, will show up.

Is here something that i miss here? Or what is the idea behind this function? Discarding the visibility of centerlines is no option

Just try the sample and see what will show up from No. 1 to 4. Then add the yellow crossing Duct, update the Section and watch closely what happened/show up to No. 4 in the section view.

Any feelings about this?

Cheers,

Harry

Message 13 of 14
lukasz.kusnierz
in reply to: p00100306

Well, any progress with this problem?

Working on Autocad MEP 2018 and still section planes and MEP's sectional views not showing random items/solids/pipes etc.

This topic is valid since many many years and till no solution to do proper cross section with EVERYTHING (pipes, equipment, solids, surfaces, meshes, faces, multipart blocks, parametric parts, ordinary blocks containing thousands of object) included?

Message 14 of 14

I believe the solution is to move your model closer to 0,0,0. I model for the Construction industry, therefore it was easier to model in State plain coordinates for faster trade Coord uploading (didn't have to transform prior to uploading). According to Autodesk, Software cannot handle the math being so far away from 0,0,0. I have not checked on this post since our shop has moved to Revit. We also have found, refencing your model into a separate drawing then moving it to 0,0,0, will still have problems. Hope this helps.
Couple of suggestions:
-Move model closer to 0,0,0 example: Grid "A/1" to 0,0,0.
-Use a script on a copy of your model, to clean and transform to state plane Coords prior to uploading for trade coordination.
-If you use Navis for inhouse clash, you will have to do a onetime transform your all your .dwg's to match project coordinates.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost