Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

section bubble

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tompilzys
1236 Views, 1 Reply

section bubble

Hello, I made my template file. Everything is scaled there to 1:1 and everything is set and looks good. But when i place the section line, the bubbles come very very small. Then i must manually scale every bubble and move them on the edges of the section line. I cant find where it can be set to come out automatically in correct size and position. Anyone could help here? Also the layer. The section line itself comes in the correct layer. But cant find where to set the bubble also to come in the same layer. Anyone could help here? In attachment picture of the bubble - not sure if i call it correct name 🙂
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: tompilzys

The section bubbles are just multi-view blocks that themselves host a regular block.  You can add the StandardSectionBubble multi-view block to your template and modify the block to how you want it.  It will then always be the way that you want.

If you want to permantly change it so that you don't have to keep it in your template then I believe that you can change the block in the following file.

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2014\enu\Styles\Imperial\SectionStyles.dwg

If you are using metric or global then you will need to modify the directory string and change Imperial to either metric or global.  I would recommend backing up the original file if you go this route to make sure that you can revert to the original if your changes have unintended consequences.

Hope this helps.

P.S.  the block is annotative so if your drawing is set to 1:1 then that could be your problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost