Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCHEDULE HELP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
456 Views, 3 Replies

SCHEDULE HELP

Forgive me if this is minor and a waste of time to some.....i have struggled with the whole schedule, property set and property data for more than a year. PLEASE, if you know how to do what I am asking, be kind to my pea-brain and let me know what I am missing!

The attached picture will show you what I have, but here is what i want:

24”X18” TO 16”X14”
18”X24”
18”X24”
24”X18” TO 25”X21”
60”X20” TO 24”X18”
6" (DIAMETER SYM.)

I know this is a formula, I just do not have enough understanding of formulas to do this. Of if there is another easy way, please help a guy out!

Thanks all!!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Man

I work in metric but i assume you trying to change from feet and inches to just inches? If you attatch the drawing with the objects and the schedule ill have a look for you.

Ryan
MEP 2010
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

It looks like it is formatting the inches to a architectural unit rather than a decimal unit. Take a look at the "unit format" settings.

This may be and issue with the "Property Data Formats" Try to format the results in the PSD that feed the schedule to "Unit - Distance Inches - Tenths" rather than "Unit - Distance Feet-Inches" or "Length - Nominal".
Message 4 of 4
Micaletti

BHasman is correct. You need to have a look at the Property Data Formats of the Property Set Definitions that your Schedule Table is using. There you can set the units to show only inches. As for the "TO" and the "Ø" symbol, those will have to be part of the formula, including "if statememts" to determin the shape of the part, if it is transitioning or not, and many others to deal with offsets, elbows, and other fittings.

For scheduling Duct and Duct Fittings, we use the Part Size Name instead of Formula Properties to schedule sizes. The Part Size Name is also a formula built into the fitting, but you have the advantage of creating formulas on a fitting by fitting basis rather then trying to create one huge formula that will embrace all fittings and their unique properties.

Steven Micaletti
Virtual Mechanical
Design Build Software & Content For AutoCAD MEP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost