Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8-vs-Building Systems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Griftin
296 Views, 5 Replies

S8-vs-Building Systems

Hi

I have use S8 for years now and I think it's time has runout. I'm considering purchasing ABS-2004 or I can use one computer for heavy double line ductwork and the other computer for AutoCAD 2004.

For those of you who were familiar with S8 and ABS-2004,
which do you think is the better program?

Your choice is very important to me.

Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Griftin

Hi Griftin - I would highly advise that you contact your reseller (and if they aren't capable send me and email and I'll find one that is) and ask for a Workshop and Trial Edition of ABS before you purchase. Building systems is significantly different from S8. The Workshop and Trial edition should be 1/2 to 1 day of "demo" with your dealer and you should walk away with a demo disk that you can try on your own. Please contact me at jason.martin@autodesk.com if your dealer can't get a Workshop and Trial Edition of ABS. jason "Griftin" wrote in message news:17313522.1071978203272.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi > > I have use S8 for years now and I think it's time has runout. I'm considering purchasing ABS-2004 or I can use one computer for heavy double line ductwork and the other computer for AutoCAD 2004. > > For those of you who were familiar with S8 and ABS-2004, > which do you think is the better program? > > Your choice is very important to me. > > Thank you.
Message 3 of 6
Griftin

Thanks Jason
I will ask for a workshop and a trial edition, along with
a demo disk. cvis is my reseller.

We do hvac consultant work. I layout ductwork and plumbing as part of my job. S8 has been the program that I've use all these years. AutoCAD is not an hvac program. Will I be able to use ABS-2004 the way I've use S8?

Thank you.

Griftin
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I would say no and would suggest you think of it as a whole new program. Our HVAC department was trying to do just that and it didn't work for them that way. I would also suggest that anyone who is going to customize the product have a good understanding of ADT.
Message 5 of 6
Griftin

So, it is not possible to use ABS without knowing ADT?

hummmm, I can't open an architectural floor plan that is "out-of-the-box" AutoCAD-2004 and start drawing 2D-double line
duct usinf ABS?
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

"Griftin" wrote in message news:14302431.1072716637009.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > So, it is not possible to use ABS without knowing ADT? > > hummmm, I can't open an architectural floor plan that is "out-of-the-box" AutoCAD-2004 and start drawing 2D-double line > duct usinf ABS? Actually you can (3-d; there is no 2d double line duct), but you are going to have thousand unanswered questions. Knowing ADT will give you an idea what that thing is about. At least start with the manual and then you will have another thousand questions to which there is no answer in manual, either. The tutorials are poorly written and they are by no means exhaustive. sp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost