Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rtext in ABS 2004

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
491 Views, 5 Replies

Rtext in ABS 2004

I am having trouble with the rtext that I have in my dwg's from ABS3. When I open a dwg with rtext in it I get the proxy window that tells me that I have to go to "AutoCAD Object Enabler Assistant Web Page to locate Autodesk Object Enablers". Going to this web page and following the steps, I am being told that everything is up to date, object enablers are not necessary. What I am trying to is I have rtext in my dwg's that tells me what xref's are in it, where the drawing resides, and when it was plotted. I would like to continue to use this rtext feature if possible. Now my question is does ABS 2004 still support rtext, being as though rtext is an express tool, I was under the impression that it would be a standard install in newer releases of AutoCAD. I tried to install the express tools with no success. When I install the ET, it does not recognize ABS 2004; it just shows AutoCAD 2002 and ABS3. If you can help or direct me in the direction to accomplish these same task in another way it would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I was able to get ET to load and show up in ABS2004. But now when I use the command rtext, I am getting "no function definition: ACET-STR-FORMAT", thanks for any help!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Did you load the express tools off the ABS2004
installation disks?  Loading old express tools doesn't work.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
was able to get ET to load and show up in ABS2004. But now when I use the
command rtext, I am getting "no function definition: ACET-STR-FORMAT", thanks
for any help!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

No, I did not, I still have ET from an earlier version, where do I get the ET for ABS 2004?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

It is on the installation disc, use explorer to
drill down to the express folder, install from there.  It is not on the
installation interface, and if you use help it will tell you you can install it
from there.  But of course you can't.  Also, read the readme files,
there are several problems with ET and ABS2004.

Search this NG for more information, if
needed.

Kent Elrod

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
No,
I did not, I still have ET from an earlier version, where do I get the ET for
ABS 2004?
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I tried installing it from there and with no success. I am getting an error, "unable to load rtext.ARX". If you have any ideas let me know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost