Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating pipe fittings

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jacek19
1776 Views, 1 Reply

Rotating pipe fittings

I am working for a very known company in Austria and I am in the plumbing division. My question: why can't I rotate the plumbing fittings at any degree for example it would be enough when I could rotate them at 15°, because at the end I would get all the rotation degrees that I need = 30°, 45°, 60°, 75° and so forth. I need to rotate the waste water plaster at 60°, or two 45° elbows at 45°... 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: jacek19

I am going to assume that you are using the 3D piping package and not the plumbing 2D package.  If your angles are being restricted then you must be using the compass which if enabled has the ability to restrict angles.  To change the angle value, turn off snaps, modify ticks, etc all you need to do is start the compass editor by using the AecbCompass command.  From there you can do all of the above.

p.s.  during routing of pipe look at the command line.  You can turn the compass on or off or change its plane so you can route pipe in any direction.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost