Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Video Cards/performance enhancing hardware

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
s.lawrence
549 Views, 1 Reply

Recommended Video Cards/performance enhancing hardware

Hi All,

I'm currently working on quite a large project, and the lag has been getting slower and slower when, for example, 3D orbitting, objrelupdating, regen'ing etc. The drawing stands at about 27mb, and even by isolating the part of the drawing I'm working on doesn't give me a smooth enough workflow.

At present, I have a 64bit windows 7 operating system, IntelXeon CPU 2.4GHz, 12GB RAM and a  ATI Fire Pro V5800 graphic card (1gb).

I'm thinking that it's probably the graphic card which is causing the lag, does anybody have any other thoughts?

And if it is the graphics card, does anybody have a recommendation as to what would make my model operate more smoothly?

Any thoughts appreciated,

Ta

Stu

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
s.lawrence
in reply to: s.lawrence

Could anybody give an example of their set-up which works well with drawings of 40-70mb then?

I had to print three drawings last night which were just one viewport with a 3D hidden style and it took around 45mins from opening, a couple of tweaks and then printing one drawing. Obviously not ideal!

Thanks,

Stu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost