Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"nwcout" DWG to NWC properties (911 autodesk support)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pauros_78
901 Views, 2 Replies

"nwcout" DWG to NWC properties (911 autodesk support)

When I use AutoCAD MEP to create an NWC using the "NWCOUT" command I am having some issues getting the properties to display when I open the NWC in Navisworks.

There are two goals I am trying to reach;

1. The Elevation or End point Z property is displaying in Navis as whole number inches i.e.(10'-0" displays as 120). I have tried to change the settings in the MEP file, drawing units, but Navis still displays the whole number without feet or inches indicator (',").

I would like to see feet and inches in Navisworks but have not been able to find the settings to change in either MEP or Navis.

2. The object specific properties (specifically conduit object) are coming into the NWC, however, I am having a problem getting these to display on the properties palette in Navisworks. When I edit the smart tag definitions in Navisworks I can pick Conduit or Conduit object as the category, and system or elevation for the property. I think the information is resident in the NWC, otherwise the category and property would not be available in the drop down in the options editor.

The challenge is adding the category of properties to the properties palette and the smart tag display in Navisworks. I believe if I could do this these properties would be able to be utilized in Navisworks.

Dose anybody know if there is information available to resolve these issues, white papers ect???

If so please forward any helpful documentation to;

pauros_78@yahoo.com

Thanks,

-Paul
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
davidbrewer9029
in reply to: pauros_78

Bump....
Message 3 of 3

All property sets attached to an object in autocad MEP will come over into Navis works without any issues.

In Navisworks if you go into your properties and then under Interface->Quick Properties->Definitions you can add the Categories (Property Sets) and Properties (Property Definitions) to view.

You will need to make sure that you turn on Quick Properties on the Home Tab under Display.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost