Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions importing existing autocad blueprint

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
FridaP
581 Views, 4 Replies

questions importing existing autocad blueprint

Can you use autocad 2014 for plumbing/piping plan? 

I need to add a plumbing plan to an existing blueprint.

HELP! 

Open mind. lover of knowledge
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Laks-Autodesk
in reply to: FridaP

I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly. Do you want to create plumbing or piping objects in the plan or just 2D lines that represent the plumbing/ piping? Vanilla AutoCAD 2014 will allow you to create linework that represents the plumbing/ piping. However, AutoCAD MEP 2014 allows you to create intelligent piping objects that can contain Engineering data related to piping objects like discharge, velocity etc. and also connect with other pipe objects.

Sometimes user wants a 2D linework drawing, PDF or an image file as a reference or underlay for creating a piping plan. This can be achieved by using the XREF command and attaching an image, PDF, DWF drawing etc. as an underlay.

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk
Message 3 of 5
FridaP
in reply to: Laks-Autodesk

Hello, and yeah I need to create 2D lines that represent piping in the plan. Don't I need certain blocks to represent certain parts of the piping? Is there a way to download the blocks to vanilla autocad 2014?
Open mind. lover of knowledge
Message 4 of 5
Laks-Autodesk

Usually the blocks are stored in drawing files. You may search for the required content on internet and download the DWG file to your computer. For example, Seek - http://seek.autodesk.com/ has some manufacturer content that can be filtered by file type like DWG 2D/ 3D etc. I found some results by searching for pipe fitting. Then it can be downloaded to the local drive using the Download selected to Local button.

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk
Message 5 of 5
Keith.Brown

FYI the plumbing package in AutoCAD MEP is 2D objects.  The piping package is 2D/3D objects.  It is your choice on which one to use.  Additionally you can use the piping package to draw your 2D lines by just making sure to set the correct visual display. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost