Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties Palette

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DonSchaefer1024
513 Views, 3 Replies

Properties Palette

My properties palatte disappeared. I tried changing workspaces and it doesn't show in any of them.

I tried changing profiles and nothing. I can click on the icon on the quick command toolbar and nothing. I can double click on any item and nothing.

I also tried highlighting something and right click to and clicked on properties and nothing. 

I went to the CUI and tried different settings, and nothing. I'm not sure what to do next.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Try moving your cursor very close to the left or right edge of the screen and see if you can 'pull' the property palette out of the edge.  Sometimes the palette will shrink to a very very small thin line and you cannot tell that it is even present.  It has happened to me a few times before i figured out what had happened.

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply. It re-appeared the following day out of the blue.
I'll try your suggestion if it happens again.
Message 4 of 4

Another thing that I do that has success is to go into the profile file and modify the location and size of the property palette.  You can find your profiles at the link below.

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\MEP 20XX\enu\Support\Profiles

I just had an issue where I couldnt find the properties palette and had to go into the profile so i could see where it was located.  That is when i noticed that the Height and Width were both set to 0.  I closed out of AutoCAD MEP, changed the value of Width and Height, saved the file and then restarted AutoCAD MEP and then the palette was visible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost