Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties different when using the attacher command?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
323 Views, 2 Replies

Properties different when using the attacher command?

Apologies for being a novice but can anyone help me. 

Each time I attach a new ductwork item, to one already on the drawing  i am working on,  the items colours do not match anymore?

ie - A rectangular duct inserted on the general extract layer used to adopt the designated layer and colour. Blue and M570_GEN_EXT_3D, and so on...

For me It has always been a case of inserting a duct - either supply or extract - and attaching items to it safe in the knowlege that the properties would remain the same. Every new item i bring in on this  drawing turns red.

Any ideas?

Brian

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

Forgive me but you are using commands that I do not understand.  So I first have to ask the question are you using AutoCAD MEP or are you using CADMEP.  This is the AutoCAD MEP forum.  CADMEP has its own forum.  On the off chance that you are using AutoCAD MEP I will try to answer as best as I can.

When placing ductwork the layer the ductwork goes on is assigned by the system definition.  Usually all duct in a single system would be placed on the same layer.  If you want to change your layer then you would change your duct system which would automatically change the layer that the duct resides on.  Depending on what you want to do in AutoCAD MEP it can change the properties of the ductwork you are attaching to.  For instance, ductwork will move to make room for a fitting you are placing in the run.  I have never seen ductwork automatically change its layer however.

Can you respond with more information?  Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry, wrong forum but thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost