Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project navigator continuously loading.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
lesdre
843 Views, 7 Replies

Project navigator continuously loading.

In my office of about 3 computers and over the course of about a year and a half we have been experiencing a problem with project navigator. When opening ACAD MEP or changing projects about 60% of the time it gets hung up and the load bar perpetually loads over and over again. If just left to run it takes 5-10 mins before loading. We contact ed autodesk and they did not find a fix for this problem and I thought autocad mep 2014 would fix the problem but it still exist. Please I need this to go away. my previous case number for this problem is CaseNo:07828454.

Leslie
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ACGCadguy
in reply to: lesdre

Leslie - We've been battling with this issue for years now (even today) and Autodesk/our local reseller have never been able to resolve it.  Our IT consultants have tried many workarounds on the server, network and workstation side-of-things but nothing helped.  Like you, we've hoped year after year an update would magically fix it.

fyi - For us it all started when we migrated to Windows Server 2011/Server 2008.  Never "looped" before that.  And I've old found one other thread complaining of the same issue and to my knowledge they've never resolved it either.

If you've stumbled on a solution please let me know.

Thanks

Brian

Message 3 of 8
VitalyF

Hi Leslie,

If you change the path to the project, the navigator at startup looking lost path.

Try manually remove all references to the old path of sheets and project properties

Or use the tool - "DTS Converter" >>

http://www.jtbworld.com/SSMPropEditor.htm

PS

Have a look here also >>

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?130719-Slow-Sheet-Set-Manager&p=1131275&viewfull=1#post1131275

Vitaly

Message 4 of 8
ACGCadguy
in reply to: VitalyF

Leslie - Did you ever find a solution to your slow loading issues with project navigator?  We haven't and it continues to be a thorn in our side every day.

Please let me know if you discovered a fix or workaround.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 8
ACGCadguy
in reply to: ACGCadguy

All - I stumbled upon the following official posting from Autodesk last week and it has resolved our looping issues.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-mep/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Pro...

Message 6 of 8
lesdre
in reply to: ACGCadguy

Sorry it toke me so long to answer I toke off the automatic email service to my email but I still have the same issues but going to try the above.

Leslie
Message 7 of 8
lesdre

It worked thanks.

Leslie
Message 8 of 8
RidgewayPlumbing

Hi, back again same issue. Now when I try to run in admin mode it doesn't record nice my server drives at all . Now I am using mep 2017 and windows 10. Please advise

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost