Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plumbing

43 REPLIES 43
Message 1 of 44
Anonymous
422 Views, 43 Replies

Plumbing

Is there anyone out there actually using the schematic piping to do domestic water and sanitary sewer piping
43 REPLIES 43
Message 41 of 44
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm old... I spent the first 10 years of my career on a board and took drafting for 7 years in school.. trust me, you get fast... I hated the move from the board to cad and I am getting a feeling of dejavu with a lot of the arguments against 3D that I've seen and heard. A lot of people don't seem to care we are behind most of the other industries that utilize cad.. take oil and gas... they are already PAST 3D and are working in VR... We as an industry really should move into the 21st century.
Message 42 of 44
Anonymous

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way against 3D. And I would like to see
plumbing supported more for 3D. I just don't want to see the 2D
schematic plumbing dropped in lieu of 3D. I think 2D and 3D have their
respective places in the CAD arena and should both be supported.

Andrew

DuckMan wrote:

> I undersand your point about 2D... But to extend your argument, I can draft faster than 90% of people can cad, but I'm still sitting at a computer. While the 3D issue is valid, I think that given time, just as with the drafting board, 2D will die once enough people see the relevance (and the boxes get faster).
>
> What's more efficient.. Spending a couple of more hours that were bugeted in the current job or spending a couple of hours fixing a conflict while you are working on the next project that's due 3 days from now?
Message 43 of 44
Hugh_Compton

It would be goog if the schematics could be converted to 3D with a click of a button.
---------------------------------------
CAD Resource Site
http://www.herculedesign.com/
---------------------------------------
Message 44 of 44
Anonymous

That's kind of the point of where this thread has gone.. griping about not having 3D.

It's pointless to input elevations and only get 2D.

I know it wants the input for sizing, but once a pressure available for friction calc is done, elevation isn't really much of an issue (because that should have already been taken into account). Besides, the ABS sizing blows and takes too long to get data that has to be checked and resized by hand.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost